Hey there,

i'm fairly new to Qubes and want to build a subnet of 3 standaloneVMs which are
able to communicate through VLAN with each other.

after tried some self created AppVMs, I thought it would be similar using full
virtualized standalone Guest-OSs.

What I've tried so far:
- Installation of various Guest-OSs: Kali, Debian9 (stock), Ubuntu 16.04_4

However, all of them where unable to establish a proper connection to
sys-firewall and by that to the internet.

There is no chance some how to configure the networking automatically over dhcp
since sys-firewall does not offer this i guess.

So what i've tried manually:
- Enter the StandaloneVM IP (as listed in the Qube Manager)
- Enter Gateway IP (of sys-firewall as listed in the Qube Manager)
- Enter the Netmask (as listed in the properties of each VM)

The moment i entered the netmask (32) / (255.255.255.255) the Gateway IP turns
yellow (i guess that means: "Can't reach Gateway" or something like that)

When i set the netmask to (24) / (255.255.255.0) the yellow disappear but i
cant connect to the internet, because sys-net provided this netmask (32) to
sys-firewall and sys-firewall to all connected ones.

My Question? Why its no problem for the AppVMs to connect with sys-firewall but
the standalone ones can't ?

Hope someone can help me with it. Also tried to manually change the netmask in
sys-net but it changes back after reboot.

Thanks,
Jonny