On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 10:19:11 AM UTC-8, John Pacific wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The new X1 Carbon 6th gen will be released soon(tm)!
> I was wondering if anyone had planned on trying to install Qubes on it and
> reporting back here.
>
> It has the following hardware:
>
> 8th Generation Intel® Core i7-8650U with vPro®
> Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
> 16GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz
> 1TB SSD OPAL PCIe TLC
> dTPM 2.0
> (Apparently, some FIDO device?)
> Intel Wireless-AC 8265 2x2 AC
>
> I was thinking about buying it and using it for work (with Qubes), but I
> cannot justify nearly $3,000 for an experiment.
>

> If any of you have tried it out or intend to try it out, please let me know!
>

> Thanks,
>
> John Pacific

Trying it out now. Works with EFI booting out of the box. Never booted into
Windows other than to test that it turned on and touchscreen worked.
Currenlty figuring out why the following is showing:
1. Freezes on resume from suspend.
Tried shutting down all VMs and it still happens, so I suspect it's not the
same fix as: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/81t26xq4MEI
2. HCL script says no TPM, but I definitely have a TPM.
3. Touchscreen isn't working. I haven't put any time into figuring this out yet.

Install was easy. Setup was otherwise easy. I currently have it set on UEFI
only, disabling CSM (Compatibility Support Mode)