On 04/18/2018 01:50 PM, trueriver wrote:
hi Chris

With Debian already being rather minimal I'd suggest using that for most
VMs. I myself use Fedora only for sys-firewall (to handle dom0 updates),
to test software compatibility, and occasionally to build a template.

I tried changing sys-net to use debian-9 as its template -- that seemed to
prevent me using the terminal in that template so I quickly put it back. I do
not have time at present to re-check exactly what I did -- hence my current
strategy to use f-26 for all the sys-* machines.

I figure if I am using it for anything then I might as well use it for all the
sys-* domains. But if I understand you right, you think my sys-net should have
worked with the Debian-9 template? If so I might find time to re-visit that

I haven't had any issues with sys-net on Debian 9. And I can't think of any particular reason why it couldn't be used. The only thing I had to do to it was install my wifi drivers with apt-get.

In your case, I'd make sure debian-9 was up to date and maybe try it with a freshly created networkVM (set HVM mode, assign devices, turn off memory balancing, netvm=none, provides network).

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket