Here are my notes/instructions I made based on yours, I drag and drop some
files into terminal(vs purely command lines):

Using qTunnel:

For Debian proxy, add OpenVPN package to your VPN template:
su
apt-get update && apt-get install openvpn unzip

Download and transfer file to template
https://github.com/tasket/qubes-tunnel.git

cd “Then drag downloaded file into terminal from tasket”
sudo bash ./install

Create proxy AppVM using VPN template: sys-VPN
Colour: Green
Provides Network  Checked
connect to sys-net
Launch settings  - Checked

Settings:
Add files and Terminal to Applications
Add “qubes-tunnel-openvpn” to services

Move VPN config files to new proxy AppVM

Open proxy AppVM terminal:
sudo mkdir /rw/config/qtunnel

sudo /usr/lib/qubes/qtunnel-setup --config

Enter VPN name and password

sudo mv “Then highlight the .pem, .crt and config file (renamed to
“openvpn-client.ovpn)” /rw/config/qtunnel

Optional - Change config DNS:
setenv tunnel_dns '208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220'

cd /rw/config/qtunnel
sudo ln -s xx.ovpn qtunnel.conf
(xx is the VPN client config)

Restart AppVM...look for “Links is up” pop-up

https://github.com/tasket/qubes-tunnel