Tried Qubes 4.0 installation on two PCs: 1) Asus Aspire S13 laptop, Intel
i7-6500 CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64-bit 2) Asus D620MT desktop, Intel
i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 64-bit.
For the first one, installation never proceeded further than few seconds (after
few lines appeared on the screen, the screen was all black and the CPU was
running at high speed without any progress). Tried both USB and CD drive.
For the second one, after selecting the language on the installation interface,
it warned "unsupported hardware...Missing features: HVM/VT-x..."
According to the Qubes website, both of the PCs support the minimum
requirements of Qubes 4.0, but I could not succeed to install.
This is a great opportunity for Qubes to become one of the big companies. I
hope you can pull it off.