On 04/30/18 02:13, Fernando wrote:
On Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 10:26:44 AM UTC-3, Eivind K. Dovik wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2018, john wrote:

maybe, I am missing something, did you try installing 4.0  in legacy mode?

it seems with the older thinkpads this is the way to avoid the dreaded black
screen EFI thing.

I tried installing Qubes 4.0 in legacy mode at first. I was presented with
the legacy-installer, and after hitting "Return" the screen went black.
UEFI-installer worked like charm, but booting after install did not (stuck
in boot-loop, no grub-menu).

Eivind

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/0243fee9-9cff-8919-629a-5ba035fdd234%40riseup.net.

I'm using a Thinkpad w530 and I had to play a little bit with BIOS settings,
since virtualization does not play well with graphic card.

So I had to enable virtualization in BIOS (it's disabled by default) and then
use integrated graphics (if no external monitor is connected) or optimus (if I
have a external monitor).

After finding the right combination of these settings, I could boot without
issues.

Hope this helps.

I noticed on the HCL that some TPad users had to change the Bios graphics as well, My 530 didn't have that setting , "discrete graphics"