hi everyone

When installing, I set UK Engish and the keyboard works as expected in all VMs
(no surprise as the hci i/o is done by dom0)

However, packages that would usually pick up locale info on a more traditional
Linux all seem to think I am in the US.

I find I am having to tell libreoffice separately in eqach AppVM that I want
British pounds and European format dates (so 2/5 is second May not Feb fifth)

Can I force all templates to pick up my locale and pass it on to any software
that asks for it? If so, how?

Other questions

I wonder if this is worth a UX issue, to get the install locale propagated?
What do people think?

Or a checkbox in create qubes VM to propagate dom0 locale?

I think it has to be optional, because there is a security advantage for some
use-cases in masking the user's actual locale.

I realise now I could have run libreoffice in a single appVM, made the changes,
then cloned that appVM. But now that I have got each appVM tweaked in other
ways, I am reluctant to go back and do that. So is there some other way I can
propagate the language/locale around my appVMs?

Finally, just to note that libreoffice is locked into thinking the user
interface is English USA - this does not seem to cause problems (presumably
because the AppVM is not using its user interface).