On 2018-04-25 14:19, 799 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using neomutt with offlineimap to get my corporate mail into an
> Email-AppVM.
> The current workflow is:
>
> 1) get email running offlineimap -o
> 2) start neomutt
>
> I'd like to have offlineimap check the mails in the background using cron.
> Thereof I have written a small script:
>
> /user/check-mail.sh
> #!/usr/bin/bash
> # Script will be run by cron
> #su user -c "/usr/bin/offlineimap -u quiet -f INBOX,INBOX.Inbox_CC"
> /usr/bin/offlineimap -u quiet -f INBOX,INBOX.Inbox_CC
> echo Cronjob run at: `date`>> /tmp/cron.log
>
> The last line is only for troubleshooting in order to see, if the
> cronjob has been run.
>
> The scripts is working when launched manually. It will open up the
> SplitGPG window to grant access to my GPG-key in my vault-VM.
> I need to enter the password once and if the next request is within a
> 300sec window access will be granted to th eGPG without further user
> interaction.
>
> I have installed cron and setup a cronjob which should run every 3 min
> in order to be below the 300sec time window when Spli-GPG is asking
> for a password. I have encrypted the password in my offlineimap-config
> and it can only be decrypted using my
>
> [user@my-mail]$ crontab -l
> # min  hr   day-of-month month day-of-week
> # 0-59 0-23 0-31         1-12  0-7
> # Check important mail folders every 3min
> */3 * * * *     /home/user/bin/check-mail.sh
>
> unfortunately it seems that this script doesn't work via cron, do you
> have any idea what is wrong?
> If I look into the logfile the script is writing (/tmp/cron.log) I see
> that th ecronjob runs the script but no mails are downloaded.
> As mentioned running the script manually will work.
> Is cron running the job as "user" or as "root"?
>
> To all offlineimap / mutt users how are you auto-fetching new emails?
>
> [799]
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAJ3yz2tXWNz6Mst3PeUHtcPUj2EzAhH6vs7OUTg0tf8m_8LrAA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/CAJ3yz2tXWNz6Mst3PeUHtcPUj2EzAhH6vs7OUTg0tf8m_8LrAA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Cron runs under a very different environment from your desktop session
-- the variables needed for GPG agent are not set in that environment.
I wrote a program run-in-gui / run-in-env-of a while ago, that, while
needing root, starts your program in the same environment as your
desktop session.    Check my Github for them.

--
    Rudd-O
    http://rudd-o.com/