I also have some speed problems with the new Qubes OS.
In Qubes manager after any event I have to press "Refresh Qube list" in the top
right corner.
Sometimes when qube is offline and I run command from Qubes manager it power on
the qube but don't run the application.
Sometimes qube doesn't start at all and I have to press the "Refresh Qube list"
and start it again.
Sometimes I get errors when using Qubes manager.
When it's unfreeze i see moving qube icons on the top right of the window.
If I start qube successfully and want to run command from the qube manager i
have to press "Refresh Qube list" and then run the command, also qube right
click options stay grey after start of the qube and have to refresh to show the
new available menus.

Hope there will be updates or maybe I did something incorrect.(bios settings
thru the installation, mistake in setup steps, unsupported laptop parts)

my machine is lenovo t460s with i5-6300u, 20gb ram, nvme ssd