Hello awokd,

On 05/16 03:08, awokd wrote:

> > [...]
> >
> > I wish to install qubes 4.0 via the coreboot grub payload.
> >
> > So I try to boot qubes 4.0 DVD via the grub coreboot payload which
> > provides one with a grub-rescue console, normally the command
> > "syslinux_configfile (ahci1)/isolinux/isolinux.cfg" or what not will
> > launch the iso as normal but instead I receive an out of memory error
> > and for some reason the grub.cfg included in the isolinux folder doesn't
> > work either.

I don't know which device you're using but I have flashed Coreboot with SeaBIOS
on my X230 and have also documented how to do so. I was
also thinking about using GRUB but there were many side effects which someone
mentioned in a Qubes posting. I think one of them was
related to updating dom0 and thereof I choose simplicity over security. Using
SeaBIOS was good enough for me, the only nice thing about
using Coreboot + Grub is (as far as I understand) that we can run an encrypted
boot, which might offer a better protection against evil
maid attacks.

My idea against Evil Maid attacks was to run somthing like AIDE (file
fingerprinting) on /boot and to verify.
I think this is also the idea of the Anti Evil Maid approach in Qubes.

But to be honest, the risk that someone attacks me via evil maid is not very
high for me or in other words "reasonable unlikely" :-)

If you get Coreboot+GRUB on qubes fixed I am interesting in hearing how this
works during daily use.

[799]