I just installed the latest Qubes R4.0 on my XPS 13 FHD-Model (9360). It
required some minor tweaking.

1. Preparation

- update your BIOS
    Version: 2.6.2   Release Date: 22 Mar 2018
- replace killer wifi with an Intel 8265 card
- apply Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update (don't know if this was required)
- apply adaptive brightness display firmware update (only if you want/need
it)

2. BIOS Settings

- change SATA Operation from "RAID On" to "AHCI"
- disable secure boot
- disable EFI (the first time the Installer froze while installing the
Whonix template)
- disable Intel SpeedStep (!!!)
    If you don't the OS will run a lot slower if you start the device
unplugged no matter if you
    plug it in later. I can confirm the "happy" and "unhappy" states
described here:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/9Hqyepkp8XM
    Booting on battery was about 1min25s for me while booting with AC gave
me 55s. After turning
    it off I get about 55s in both situations which is fine.

3. Qubes
- enable trackpad features
    add the Option entries to your
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/60-libinput.conf touchpad section

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput touchpad catchall"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "libinput"
  ->    Option "Tapping" "True"
  ->    Option "PalmDetection" "True"
  ->    Option "TappingDragLock" "True"
EndSection

---

Update:

I use Qubes for about a week now - primarily for go development with
Goland, browsing and watching videos. Everything I used worked very well.
The battery life is good. Video playback and similar things (using software
rendering) heat up the CPU and drain considerably more power (my estimated
remaining time is usually halfed). Booting takes about 1 minute (starting
net, firewall and whonix qubes). Suspend to RAM works most of the time -
once in a while the screen stays black after resume - this is the only bug
I encountered so far but its negligible. I managed to install Kali 2018.1
after I set the system volume size to 30GB (default setting caused the kali
installer to fail). I was able to expose my Intel 8265 directly to the kali
hvm and put it into monitoring mode. Rising initial memory to 1GB lowers
boot time for most VMs, setting a high VCPU count for VMs where you cannot
afford lag helped transitioning from bare metal. I installed Steam and
Factorio in a another VM and I was able to play with minor glitches
(v-sync) and major cpu heat.

not tested:
- USB-C
- Webcam