On Sun, May 27, 2018 9:59 am, Manual Schmidt wrote:
> Yesterday, I did an update on dom0 and all VMs.
> In my previous configuration I had already a working sys-usb (for USB
> mouse and keyboard).
>
> Now, rebooting Qubes I can access the GRUB Boot Menu (I dont use
> dual/multi boot in GRUB, I switch directly in the BIOS boot menu).
>
> In GRUB advanced options I have access to Xen hyp. 4.8.3, 4.8.3 config and
> 4.8. Keyboard works.
>
> Launching Qubes, I can enter LUKS passphrase with my keyboard. Booting
> routine continues: I can see all VMs (net usb firewall whonix) are booting
> and confirmed with the green OK.
>
> Now, the login window requests passphrase but mouse and keyboard are not
> active anymore.
>
> What happens ?
> How can I access to Qubes again ?
>
> Any help or hint is very welcome!

Try unplugging and reconnecting your keyboard to a different USB port.
Also try a different keyboard- saw someone with a gamer keyboard had a
similar issue. Lastly, if none of that works try booting into Rescue Mode,
editing /var/lib/qubes/qubes.xml, and setting sys-usb's autostart property
to False (and removing the <device backend-domain="dom0" id="xx_yy.z"/>
lines for good measure), then rebooting. That will hopefully stop sys-usb
from autostarting so you can troubleshoot further, but means dom0 will
have the USB controllers which is less secure.