I just did a dom0 update this morning and rebooted. Upon logging in the system attempted to start the Qube manager but appears to be having issues in connecting to dbus:

python error stack trace
----
line: 0, timeout_to_glib(timeout), None)
func: get
line no.: 47
file: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pydbus/proxy.py
----
line: manager = self.bus.get("org.qubes.DomainManager1")
func: __init__
line no.: 391
file: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesmanager/qube_manager.py
----
line: manager_window = VmManagerWindow(qt_app, qubes_app)
func: main
line no.: 1332
file: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/qubesmanager/qube_manager.py
----
line: load_entry_point('qubesmanager==4.0.19', 'console_scripts', 'qubes-qube-manager')()
func: <module>
line no.: 9
file: /usr/bin/qubes-qube-manager

lines of code:

Line 391 in qube_manager.py is:

manager = self.bus.get("org.qubes.DomainManager1");

The proxy.get() function died when it received an error here:

ret = self.con.call_sync(
       bus_name, object_path,
       'org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable',"Introspect",
       None,GLib.VariantType.new("(s)"),
       0 , timeout_to_glib(timeout), None)

If I am correct the dbus was just added to give the system a realtime update when we have state changes? Perhaps I'm missing a package dependency, or the dbus service didn't start correctly? Or the DomainManager1 does not exist to get its state?

Not sure what to check to get this working.