On 08/16/2018 04:25 AM, Patrick Bouldin wrote:
> Hello, I got some great advice about having two hard drives since I want
> Windows on one drive and qubes on another. So I now have a good I7 laptop
> with two - 1/2 TB SSDs. I had in mind to load it this way, is the following
> correct?
>
> I'm starting with both SSDs empty, no OS on either.
>
> 1 Physically install both drives
>
> 2 Install Windows on disk 1 after booting to flash drive with windows ISO
>
> 3 Unplug windows based SSD drive just to be sure I'm on the right drive next
>
> 4 Boot to bios, modify bios to change 2nd SSD (to be Qubes) FROM Windows UEFI
> to other OS (correct?)
>
> 5 Boot to a flash drive loaded with the Qubes 4.0 install ISO
>
> This is the part I'm really not clear about, remember I'm working with two
> drives, booting to either the drive to windows or the drive to qubes. So, am
> I following the advice here?: https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/multiboot/
>   - select custom layout, assign existing /boot partition as /boot, deselect
> the
> 'Format' option, continue with installation.
>
> Or, do I let Qubes install in automatic configuration and then manually
> modify the grub file?
>

> Thanks,
> Patrick

Sounds like what I did/do   with windows 10 ; since it doesn't involve
Grub ,  probably won't be a problem ......

In my case however,  the uefi, I believe doesn't label the drive with
the  drive name, but changes it to  "windows" or "qubes" , which
concerns me , as I think it incorrect, I think that may be how uefi
works  ymmv,  why not try it

what is a "windows uefi" ?
looks to me like
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/multiboot

doesn't apply to you, its for single disk dual booting