On 08/18/2018 12:39 PM, Stumpy wrote:
I am able to ping via the vpn vm but when I try to connect to the net with an appvm that is using the vpn vm I cant connect to anything. Im using v4.0 and the script method, not the netmanager method. I have double checked all the config files that I created and as far as I can tell they are right. I havent been able to connect using this vpn vm so its not a case of was working before. Is there a log or something I can post to help diagnose this issue?
Thanks

To see log messages, you can test the client as suggested in Step 2. It may help to use ping in the appvm, first with a known IP address and then with a domain name (this tests basic connection and DNS).

-

If you think you might have made a mistake with the scripts, I created a streamlined alternative with no file editing that is being considered for inclusion in Qubes:

https://github.com/tasket/qubes-tunnel

The process is to run the installer as shown in the Readme, then run qtunnel-setup and add your VPN config to the qtunnel directory. Full instructions:

https://github.com/tasket/qubes-doc/blob/tunnel/configuration/vpn.md#set-up-a-proxyvm-as-a-vpn-gateway-using-the-qubes-tunnel-service

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket