Dear all,

I am wondering how you all deal with (for example) having an elaborate vim
or emacs environment built up over several decades, and being able
to use it in all of your regular everyday qubes (personal, work, untrusted, etc,
probably leave vault out).  Of course, you expect it to keep evolving as you
figure out how some package solves a problem for you, or you write some
vimscript or elisp to stop an annoyance.

What is the qubes way to do this?  I've considered several solutions from
the simple to the baroque:

(simple) do the common config in the template vm (but not in /home
or /rw or /usr/local) and replace the relevant config files/dirs in the
actual-work
vm's with symlinks to them.

(also simple) have a "config" qube where you keep the configs you want to sync,
but do no actual work there and have no net access.  Set up a script to copy
the relevant files/dirs to your working qubes.  When you find an annoyance, fix
it there, and then run the script.

(rather complicated) set up a git server (say in its own dvm)
and have your qubes push commits to it when
you make changes to one of the files-to-sync.  That way you can make your
tweaks wherever you happen to be working at the time, and later accept
those changes on the server.  Then you can download the updated version
on your working qubes (perhaps by a script).

All of these have different convenience levels and data-flow implications.
But I feel like maybe they are all wrong and I am overlooking something
obvious.  Any thoughts appreciated!
Daniel