Hello, new user here.  Impressed with the design and philosophy of Qubes!

Everything seems to work as described excepting one problem. When I first installed R4.0 from the current iso on a mini PC (Celeron 3215U) it came up with the error message above in a dialog and no VMs were running. Worked out it was sys-net having a broken device attached, being the first of 3 network controllers found (2 * Realtek NICs + Qualcomm WiFi controller). Everything runs if I move that device out of the selected list for sys-net in Qubes manager.  Brought dom0 and all templates up to date and still have the problem.  If I assign that device to a standalone HVM I get the same error upon attempting a start, works fine with the other NIC.

The only PCI error I can find in the journal while booting dom0 is:
"dom0 libvirtd[2788]: 2018-09-20 19:01:02.052+0000: 2829: error : virPCIGetHeaderType:3129 : internal error: Unknown PCI header type '127'"

"qvm-pci list" does not show that NIC (understandable) however it is in the Qubes manager device selection list as:
"dom0:01_00.0   Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev ff)"
The NIC that is OK (device dom0:03_00.0) is the same except it has "(rev 07)" at the end.

I do need this ethernet port operational - any ideas?

Many thanks,
Eric