On 10/1/18 10:23 AM, Setherson wrote:
>> I should have said in my previous email that I got the same error you just
>> pasted. What I did was comment out the onion server in
>> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/whonix.list as well.
>>
>> That fixed the problem for me.
>>
>> --
>> [https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/14B90DBC-970F-44E7-8613-4ABBA7018C5B%40protonmail.ch](https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/14B90DBC-970F-44E7-8613-4ABBA7018C5B%40protonmail.ch?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer).
>
> Just to be absolutely clear, I meant that commenting out the onion server in
> whonix.list fixed the updating problem, not any of the other ones.

....sorry my bad, read the email to fast,  seems to be working for me as
well   #'ing out the 3 references in both  lists  .....

apparently per the instructions in the file list,  it says this file can
and may be written over,  so maybe the solution won't last

appreciate your help  , fixed for now

whonix forum is calling the debian .onion servers "dodgy"  ..... not
sure whats thats based anyhow   cheers

--
A895 0C7C A244 8E2E FD77 A3DB 180B 7D4D D158 F8B6