On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 01:43:12PM -0700, Máté Kovács wrote:
> 2018. október 21., vasárnap 16:43:50 UTC+2 időpontban unman a következőt írta:
> > On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 01:28:57AM -0700, Máté Kovács wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I would like to install Win7  VM in Qubes 4.0, but I can't enable the VTX
> > > mode in computer's bios, cause I didn't find it. What should I do in this
> > > case?
> > >
> > > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-vm/
> > > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/hvm/
> > >
> > > At the second link, at "Creating an HVM domain" "R4.0"m I got this error
> > > message "libvirt.libvirtError: invalid argument: could not find
> > > capabilities for arch=x86_64".
> > >
> > > I have a Fujitsu Lifebook AH531 AKC3Y  BLACK 7.
> > >

> > The processor there does not support VT-d so doesn't meet the requirements
> > for 4.0.
> > Even though the spec sheet for the processor indicates VT-x is
> > available, the motherboard may not support it, but I'm sure you
> > can turn it on under SYSTEM tab in Bios - Virtualization technology
> > should be enabled.
> >
> > If you don't have that entry install a BIOS upgrade.
> >
> > unman
>
> How can I upgrade the bios in Qubes? This is the only operating system on my
> computer.
> There is no Windows or anything else on it.

It's always a pain when manufacturers only provide BIOS updates for
Windows. Fortunately Fujitsu doesn't do this.
You can download a BIOS ADMIN PACK from Fujitsu, which you can run from
FreeDOS. You can get a copy of FreeDOS, run it from a USBdrive, and
install the update.

Have you checked for the virtualisation option in the SYSTEM tab? The
manual seems to suggest that it should be there.

unman