I don't know what is going on with 4.0.1 but suddenly my machine is haywire.

The latest is everything above and below the VMs is gone from the Qubes menu.
The bottom of the menu where I'd go to shut down just says "No applications
found." The top where I would go to find settings, Qubes Manager, even the dom0
Terminal is just gone. So I don't even know how to debug. I've rebooting
several times, it keeps happening.

I know Qubes is fairly high maintenance but I had a nice groove going with
qubes 4 finally. Whatever updates you are pushing down with 4.0.1 updates are
breaking my workflow left and right. First whonix got borked now the Qubes menu
is broken. I shudder to think what will be next to fail. This is frustrating.
Some of us are actually trying to get work done in the OS.