unman:
On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 03:36:09PM +0000, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
gdru...@gmail.com:
Hi,

I'm trying to install a VM in HVM mode called HNS (hybrid network simulation).

Based on Debian, HNS seems to run on KVM/QEMU.

Running a hypervisor like KVM inside another hypervisor like Xen is known as
"nested virtualization". This is disabled and not supported in Qubes.

I think that gdrub51 is saying that HNS runs under KVM, and they want to
run it under Qubes, *not* that they are trying to run KVM within Qubes.

OK.

In any case, I dont believe that nested virtualization is "disabled"
under Qubes. Not suppported certainly, but that's different.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/BwQskBAvMtY/AzZQ7Y-NAAAJ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/Y3P_moY4QN0/PdYhFWCvCAAJ

Don't believe nestedhvm=1 out of the box. Ergo, it's disabled (at least for type 1 hypervisors). :)