Hi all.

I've put enough time into this one where I'm finally willing to reach out for
some help.  I wanted to see if I could create an AppVm dedicated to music
creation, using QJackCtl and other open source software.

However, I'm having a terrible time at even getting Jack Audio off of the floor.

System: Base Qubes 4.0 installation, Fedora 28 template, Thinkpad T480 w/32Gb
RAM.

Expected results: Pressing "Start" on the QJackCtl GUI starts the server, per
the online manuals and Fedora's Musician documentation.

Actual results: Receive the "Could not connect to JACK server as client. -
Overall operation failed. - Unable to connect to server." error.

Tried so far: Following online documentation (treating the AppVM as a standard
Fedora installation), assigning the Audio PCI of the computer to that VM via
the Qubes Manager.

I'm totally willing to have this be something simple and embarrassing as I
learn the OS.  Any help that you can provide would be much appreciated!

- Max