Dec 14, 2018, 7:51 PM by no...@noses.com:

> Hi!
>
> After reorganizing my working environment (e. g. putting certain
> security-related services in separate machines) I would like to start them at
> system startup but the current autostart feature  is waiting or all machines
> to come up. Would it be possible to add another class of deferred auto-start
> (i. e. go on and get the GUI running instead of waiting fo these machines to
> be ready). I know, sounds a bit like having systemd handle that but I'm
> reluctant to do it that way.
>

> Achim
>

> --
>  To view this discussion on the web visit >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-devel/0ae02bd587c9523a08158a4bd4a40f937926fddf.camel%40noses.com
>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-devel/0ae02bd587c9523a08158a4bd4a40f937926fddf.camel%40noses.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>
>  .
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>> .

My simple-minded solution is to disable auto-start for all VMs, and instead set
up my working environment using a bash function/script I manually run (using
`qvm-start`, `qvm-run`, & to start things in parallel).

This has the added benefit where if I need restart qubes quickly in succession
for troubleshooting, it doesn't waste time setting up my working environment
each session.