jeppewr...@gmail.com:
Hi all,

I'm quite new to Qubes and Linux in general yet I have manged to run Qubes OS
as my main desktop for several weeks. At the moment I'm fiddling with
networking, more specifically I'm trying to get whonix-14 working, as Qubes
comes with an outdated version(!?).

First I removed all traces of the old outdated Whonix (including
qubes-core-admin-addon-whonix.noarch) on my system. Then I ran "sudo qubesctl
state.sls qvm.whonix-ws-dvm" according to the documentation:
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes/Install

After getting "bash: qubesctl: command not found" i reinstalled
"qubes-core-admin-addon-whonix.noarch" with no effect. After that I tried searhing dom0 repo for
salt and found "qubes-mgmt-salt.noarch" witch i also installed, it seems to help the first problem,
but qubesctl seems broken. When running the command i get this in return:

File "/usr/bin/qubescl", line 11, in <module>
  import qubessalt
File "/usr/bin/python2.7/site/packages/qubessalt/__init__.py", line 10, in
<module>
  import qubesadmin.exc
ImportError: No module named qubesadmin.exc

How do i fix this and get whonix-14 installed properly? Thanks!

I'm wondering if removing qubes-core-admin-addon-whonix.noarch broke some other packages accidentally. Might be quickest to backup your AppVMs, reinstall, restore, and try again? You might want to manually install the newer Whonix templates (ws & gw) first, then try that "sudo qubesctl state.sls qvm.whonix-ws-dvm" command again.