On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 09:52:29PM -0800, amap...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, im using qubes os 4, i updated all the VMs + updated dom0
> When i turned on my pc, Qubes os didnt get recognized at boot menu, i have
> tried a lot of things and now im tired, i just want to backup my vms and i
> will make a fresh install. I have saw a lot of tutorials but im not that
> familiar with disk partitions, logical volumes etc. Can someone please tell
> me step by step how to backup the important vms? I have tried mounting the
> drive to a live system but i cant mount it, i always get this issue: mount:
> /mnt: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'.
>
> Encrypted partition with all vm data: /dev/sda
>
> I cloned the disk in case something goes wrong.
> Hope you can help me!

Mount to a live system or use the install disk and use rescue mode.
I'm assuming that you have something like a standard install on /dev/sda
(boot in /dev/sda1 and data in /dev/sda2?)
You can check this from the prompt by running cfdisk /dev/sda,  to see
how the disk is configured.
Once you know how the disk is configured, use lvm tools to dig into it.
lvmdiskscan will show you the volumes.
lvscan will show you the status of the drives.
lvdisplay will show you the LV and VG names.

vgchange -ay will make the volumes active, and lvscan should then show
you the appropriate volumes:
/dev/qubes_dom0/root

Then you should be able to mount /dev/qubes_dom0/root and back up the VM
data from there.

If you need more help  or something doesnt look right, just ask.
(Cloning the disk was a good move, and would have been my first bit of
advice.)