Hello,

Am Di., 8. Jan. 2019, 13:25 hat <simon.new...@gmail.com> geschrieben:

> As per subject, does anyone use things such as AIDE (or other file
> integrity IDS) ?
>
> I understand the security model is "if dom0 is compromised, you are
> fscked" but it would be at least nice to have something that gave me a
> heads up if such an event happens.

I was thinking about this as I am currently running a dual boot setup,
which means that the /Boot partition is unencrypted and could theoretically
be compromised as it unencrypted.
I have therefore written a small script which fingerprints all files in the
Boot partition and verify the fingerprints later - basically something like
a poor man's IDS.
The hash sume file itself is GPG signed and _not_ stored on boot but the
encrypted part of dom0.
So if files in boot got changed I do get an alarm when I verify the
fingerprints.
This could then lead to the decision to rebuild/drop the whole system as it
could have become (reasonable) insecure.

I tried to find out if I can run the scripts before login into Qubes but it
seems that there is no way to do so.

So now I have the idea that the script will run after login of dom0 and
then present a notification:  boot files are ok.

- O.