Hi 799 :)

On 1/14/19 9:05 AM, 799 wrote:
> Am Mo., 14. Jan. 2019, 08:00 hat Ivan Mitev <i...@maa.bz> geschrieben:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd be interested to know what people use for playing videos in VMs
>> (without GPU passthrough).
>

> For streaming content I use Google Chrome in a special "Multimedia AppVM",
> which has no other purpose.
>
> I rarely have other sources for video, but if so I'm using VLC / VideoLAN
> Client.

Yes, I saw that's what you recommended in the multimedia doc.

> I never cared about ressource consumption, as the multimedia task was often
> the foremost task and I didn't do anything in this time.

That's OK for a desktop PC (including laptops that stay plugged on a
desk) but for mobile use performance/battery life is a concern.

Another less obvious reason for not having the laptop's fan constantly
on due to high CPU usage is to avoid clogging the heat sink with
dust/fibers (eg. when you have your laptop lay on a blanket when you're
in bed).