I want to say thank you to those members of Qubes Users who have had the
patience to answer my questions and solve my problems getting Qubes up and
running. I have been particularly pleased that this is a forum where there are
few, if any, unhelpful responses to questions and few questions/requests for
help where the asker has not tried to find the answer in this forum or in the
documentation.

While I have a computer background, my entire career was spend in the
software/research environment, I do not have a background in PC/Linux internals
(though decades ago I did acquire some Unix sys-admin knowledge). That means I
came to Qubes without the the in-depth security knowledge that the more
knowledgeable of you have — my knowledge is more superficial.

Having provided that background, I was trying to think of a way of "giving
back" to this community.

Would a "Setting up a Semi-Secure Personal Computing Environment Using Qubes"
document be a useful addition (albeit, with a more succinct title!)?

It would be aimed at computer users who want a more secure environment, but are
willing to live with some security exposures (ones that hopefully have an
exceedingly low probability of being exploited against an "average Joe") — for
example, using a USB mouse and keyboard. Clearly one needs to have some degree
of computer literacy to tackle switching to Qubes, but I think a step-by-step
migration guide might be useful and fewer people might give up.

In it, I could briefly describe the "Hardware Issues" which are already well
documented (hence "briefly" as they applied to me) and then get into the issues
of choosing which qubes to set up, the issues of dealing with a desktop
computer that only has USB mouse/keyboard capability, various user-interface
issues and, perhaps more importantly, migrating data from another OS (in my
case Linux Mint) to the Qubes environment.

By the way, I have Thunderbird set up with Enigmail and have my keys set up
using Split GPG. I will be switching tho using the mailing list for
submissions. Oh, and I am now using Qubes as my full-time computing environment
:-)