On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 07:24:37AM +1100, Eric wrote:
>   <head>
>   </head>
>       <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Hi,
> I've done too many changes to my debian-9 template and would
> like to reinstall a "pure", original debian-9 template
> again.
> So I cloned it and based all the existing debian App-VMs on
> the clone-template.
> But removal of debian-9 template fails because it is marked
> as installed by packetmanager.
> How can I remove and reinstall it?
>
> </pre>
>       qubes-template-debian-9</p>

> -- <br />

Hi Eric
Your answer is partly right, but all that HTML gets in the way.
Can you switch to plain text please?

Also reinstall will try to install the *same* version that is currently
installed, although there may be a more recently built template
available.
You can work round this by:
sudo dnf remove qubes-template-debian-9
sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-9