On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 09:03:40AM -0800, Dieter Zakel wrote:
> I have installed the Qubes-OS on my laptop as a trial run and now I am unable
> to install another OS.
> Because dom0 is locked...
> When trying to install linux the partitioning process freezes...
> Has someone any idea how to remove this security feature?
> Thank you very much!

Do you want to replace Qubes, or install another OS alongside it? What
you need to do depends on how much space you allocated to Qubes in the
first place.
Also different depending on whether 3.2 or 4.0, and which OS you have in
mind.

If you have encryted drive and want to shrink partition to make space
for new OS this can be done, but is somewhat involved.
If you just want to remove Qubes and your new installer cant handle it,
boot from a live linux USB, and use gparted to remove the Qubes
partition.