[Resending without HTML - prev spam blocked?]

Struck a problem bringing up a workstation on
4.0.1.  I have a bunch of external (to qubes)
disk devices with LVM partitions and set up the
persistent device attachments needed to
different appVMs and all was working as expected
until I rebooted the whole system.  It seems
that for external SSD devices that come up
quickly, all is well, they come up first,
however old rotating disks in raid array  take a
while to come up and it seems the mapper ends up
running in a race condition with the boot up of
the qubes resulting in the external disk dm
names landing anywhere through the hundred or so
dm.. device names - different each time (with
different start on boot config?). The result is
that the appVMs with the persistent attaches
fail to start because the block device is
somewhere else (VM start fails non existent
device or inaccessible device).

What is the correct method to handle this?

qvm-block does not accept a UUID (not documented
and gives an error: not exposed) I suspect that
should be added as an issue.

Thanks, Eric