Feb 2, 2019, 8:08 PM by dan...@allcock.org:

> Hello all,
>
> I seem to have borked a template vm, to the point that no applications
> will start and I can't even use qvm-run from dom0 to do anything, not
> even touch a file.  There is one directory in
> the root of the filesystem that contains
> a ton of config info that I would like to recover.  I'd
> appreciate any help.
>
> If I start an app in this vm from the Q menu then
> I get notification that it has started, and the vm does appear in the
> system tray VM management widget, but nothing else seems to happen.
> Halting the vm gives notification
> that the vm is stopping, and then the vm disappears from that widget.

turn on the appvm from dom0

   qvm-start appvm
try to connect via xen console

    sudo xl list

get the ID of appvm and connect via console

sudo xl console #ID

maybe you are able to gain root access or to understand what's wrong.

When this happens to me it usually means that I'm out of space in the appvm and
I have to resize the appvm from qube manager