On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 13:58:17 +0100
Nicklas Avén <nicklas.a...@jordogskog.no> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am a new happy Qubes user. Getting almost everything to work on a
> Dell 7530 with xeon 2186 and Nvidia P3200. Qubes 4.01 made things
> quite easy :-)
>

> I find Qubes very intuitive to work with, but I have a suggestion
> that I have no idea if it is easy or hard to do.
>
> It is just a work flow thought without any knowledge about what would
> be affected.
>

> When I work in one qube it is a common task to open other programs in
> the same qube. If working in a terminal I want Scite for scratching
> for instance.
>
> Then it would be awesome if there was a quick way to get the
> application-list from only that Qube. My suggestion is that I could
> find the application list for that specific Qube by right clicking
> the top of the application. In the menu about maximizing, minimizing
> and so on. With that in place I guess it would be possible to also
> put a key-combination on that feature. Since that would be a 1
> dimensional list it would be easy to navigate just with up and down
> arrows.
>
> Just a thought since I notice, when I am in the middle of a thought
> in some work, it rips away the focus to think about what Qube I am
> in, searching the start menu for the right qube and then searching
> the application list for the right application.
>
> I use Qubes primary to separate different customers when I work as a
> consultant. Never mixing data from different jobs gives confidence.
>
> BTW, I became a monthly supporter from today, worth every penny.
> Thanks a lot for Qubes OS
>

> ATB
>

> Nicklas Avén

Hi Nicklas,

I use a number of xfce Launchers on the taskbar to achieve something
similar.  Each of the launchers is for a separate qube, and has only
as many individual program entries as I want shortcuts for in that
qube.

This was described in this list some time ago, but I can't remember
who it was unfortunately, nor find the original email.  I think it was
it possible to edit the main menu.  Anyway, kudos to the guy who
described it - it's worked brilliantly for me ever since.

Mike.