On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 08:12:35AM +0100, ashleybrown...@tutanota.com wrote:
<snip>
> > Please don't top post. Take a minute to make it easier for other users.
> > As is clear in another thread, there is a clear warning about DNS on the
> > GUI firewall - I find it hard to believe that anyone could miss this.
> >
> I am new to mailing lists. What does top-post mean? Do you mean don't post
> the reply at the top of the message and instead at the bottom like this?

That's right, just like that.
It's also acceptable to interleave comments within the text:

> Can you give an example?
Of course, here is one.
> When would you want to do that?
When you want to comment on a number of distinct issues within the post.

It's also good to cut out extraneous material - as I have done here.
Some people cut *all* the previous posts, and that makes it very
difficult to follow what is going on.

Welcome to the lists.