On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 10:11:42AM +0000, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
> Eric:
> > R4.0 I must be missing something - really quite
> > basic - cannot see how to change the fixed 1GB
> > allocation of swap to each VM on its volatile
> > volume at startup. This is much too small for a
> > larger VM - eg a 6GB f29 VM running leaky
> > software, I notice Swap: 0.0 free and it is then
> > not long before the biggest memory hog gets the
> > bullet from the kernel - out of memory - when
> > the VM is nowhere near thrashing.
> >
> > I expected either a fixed value for swap or a
> > ratio to maxmem exposed by qvm-prefs. Ratio
> > makes more sense as then inheriting a default
> > from the template should work.  Should be on
> > Qubes Manager/Settings/Advanced tab under maxmem
> > as well.  Is opening an issue warranted?
> >
> > In the mean time where is this constant defined?
> >
> > Thanks, Eric
> >
> https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/blob/master/docs/misc/iaq.adoc#how-can-i-provision-a-vm-with-a-larger-non-standard-swap-and-tmp

The 1G is the partition size set for /dev/xvdc1
Since /dev/xvdc is 10G in size and only 1G is allocated to swap, an
alternative (better?) would be to use that space.
/sbin/swapoff -a
/sbin/parted /dev/xvdc rm 1
/sbin/parted /dev/xvdc mkpart primary 0 10G -s
/sbin/swapoff -a
/sbin/mkswap /dev/xvdc1
/sbin/swapon -a

You can put this directly in to /rw/config/rc.local and it will
reprovision swap on boot, with little effect on boot time.

unman