I mean I do know alot of debian users  who never log into anything online. They
don't shop online,  bank online,    facebook, twitter,   would never dare step
foot on a google mailing list.  They don't do anything on their pc basically.
I would of committed suicide a long time ago living like that.

I can't be anonymous online I guess is my point for most of my daily activites,
 and nobody is hunting my physical location.  And even if they were they could
find me easily.

I care more about performance for sure.  And the security of my hardware and
data from remote attacks.