On Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 07:46:52PM -0800, Sphere wrote:
> On Friday, March 1, 2019 at 8:38:07 PM UTC+8, unman wrote:

> @unman - Nope I don't have debian-8 installed and that I snagged a fresh copy
> of debian-9 last year.
> What's noteworthy is that I can definitely trigger installation of debian-8
> and other templates that I have never installed.
> I can trigger qubes-dom0-update just fine tho and have the repositories
> update.
> I'll try snagging the templates from the itl repo and see if that still
> triggers the problem, many thanks for lending me a hand
> hope it solves this problem

I thought this was a Whonix issue, since I encountered it on one box,and
fixed it to updating over Tor not using Whonix.
But with some testing I'm lost - I can duplicate it on some machines, but
with others with *exactly the same configuration* I get the same error
you report. This suggest to me a problem with the template mirrors -
I've just quickly run though them and 3 of them are down/not available.

Fixing the repo to a specific repo seems to work for me.

I've raised an issue at github - #4858

unman