On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 11:33:03 AM UTC-4, seaclue wrote:
> I switched to kernel-latest and now it's working.

Can confirm: same wifi chipset and my fedora-29 networking was broken for
me...as my system default VM kernel was rather old (being a 4.0 install from
last year, upgraded regularly).

I suspect that one of the later QubesOS R4 ISO re-spins changed the default
kernel for VMs (otherwise, I suspect we'd hear about this more). By changing my
global default* kernel in VMs to one of the 4.19 branches (kernel-latest) from
current-testing, networking miraculously worked again in post Fedora-26
templates.

Notably, the wifi firmware version in both f26 and f29 were the same, so it
didn't occur to me that there would be a set of software in the newer templates
that failed to work with older kernels (kernels which had worked in older
templates).

Thanks,
Brendan

* I initially fixed it by setting the sys-net kernel to the 4.19 branch, but
then decided to just go with it everywhere, reverted that change to default and
then changed the global default.