Hi, I'm new to Qubes and have bought an HP Z600 to try it out.

During Qubes 4.0.1 install, I get the message "Missing features:
IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-Vi, Interrupt Remapping"

VT-d is enabled in BIOS, and I've tried several different BIOS versions after
hints on another forum that the latest BIOS has some quirks.

The main issue seems to be that the Z600 uses the Intel 5500/5520 chipset,
which has some errata.

I'm interested to know if anyone has a system using the 5500/5520 chipset
working.

My HP600 has a Boot Block Date in BIOS of 01/07/10. According to the note at
the bottom of page 11 of QuickSpecs document
(https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1019458200.pdf), this means I have C2
revision of the 5520 chipset.

For those with the older B3 stepping, the following might apply:
https://www.suse.com/de-de/support/kb/doc/?id=7014344 mentions that erratas 47
& 53 were fixed by BIOS update.

The full details of the issues with the Intel 5500 chips can be found here:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/5520-and-5500-chipset-ioh-specification-update.pdf%C2%A0

Probably the best lead so far is from some instructions on the Citrix website
(https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX136517_ga), and after booting into
Linux, I get a return for 8086:342e (rev 13) which is an affected chipset. Does
this mean I can't use VT-d at all on this machine???

Thanks for sharing any experience, whether with IOMMU, or the Z600, or any
other machine using the 5500/5520 chipset.