I have newly installed R4.0 on a Toshiba laptop whichis wirelssonly.  There is
no sys-USB listed in Qubes Manager.  How should I 'get' one?

How do I determine if my keyboard and mouse pad are on a USB controller?  How
should this affect the configuration of sys-USB?

There are two USB controllers:
00:14:0 ...Intel Wildcat Point-LP USB xHCL Controller
00:1d:0 ...Intel Wildcat Point-LP USB EHCL Controller

After installation, sys-net did not work.  The USB controller was assigned to
it rather than the nic.  That is fixed.

This may be an installation issue.  Is there a wrong way to install that may
result in this behaviour?  If so, how can I install again and not make the same
mistake?

Thank you