Qubes OS version: R4:0

Hey everyone, bear with me as I am somewhat of a noob to Qubes, and haven't been on in awhile due to this
issue which I have held on the backburner. So one day, everything on Qubes was running fine and smoothly,
until I (stupidly) decided to hard-shutdown my computer with all my vms still up and running, and when I
booted back on again, I was met with Qubes not working at all. As far as booting is concerned, everything
appeared to be fine, but sys-net would not start, and somehow, the debian-9 template private vm file was
gone. Now I have tried deleting sys-net and re-creating it from scratch, but nothing has seemed to work so
far, and I am in desperate need of help, as I have data on certain vms, which I'm unable to recover due to
sys-net not properly running. Each time I used the command "qvm-start sys-net", it takes about 5
seconds for the top right corner of the screen to register "Domain sys-net is starting", but then I
am met with a 60 second long wait time, during which the sys-net vm while attempting to start goes from 400MB
down to 384MB, until the terminal returns a response saying "Cannot connect to qrexec agent for 60
seconds, see /var/log/xen/console/guest-sys-net.log for details". It does this each and every time I try
to start sys-net. I have even checked the guest-sys-net log for details, as it has said, but I am met with an
insurmountably long list of data, some of which I have no clue of what is being said. If someone could please
help, I would greatly appreciate it, as this problem has kept me from using Qubes on my computer for about a
year almost now, and I haven't been able to figure it out. Plus I have data that I am not willing to lose by
completely reinstalling Qubes. Thanks!

First, if I would face these problems, I'd start backing up data on an external usb drive, no need for sys-net to do so. Just in case ...

Second, I learned recently that "sudo xl console guest-sys-net" could be a useful command inside dom0 to access your guest-sys-net -- this should work even if no terminal can be brought up any more. Login as root and have a look. I admit, this is no complete answer, but it is a start.