It would be nice if someone from the Qubes team could provide at least some
basic tips for Qubes users on how to avoid having our installations completely
ruined by what are apparently LVM issues. This case is at least the sixth I'm
aware of counting myself of a Qubes system totally unable to even boot and
requiring a restore.

Every time now that I do a backup or restore I have to live in white knuckle
fear that something might go wrong and I will lose again my system and have to
restore again, a process that can be laborious and error prone not to mention
simply time consuming.

Some simple instructions on how to do whatever needs to be done to keep this
from happening -- defensively re-size dom0 or other Qubes? clear temp files out
of certain dir used by the backup process? twiddle some settings? -- would be
incredibly calming. I have a 1TB drive here so it seems unnecessary that my
machine dies because of some shuffling of VM resizing issues. Can't I just
allocate a ton of space to whatever this lvm process is?