On 4/13/19 7:56 AM, unman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 08:36:19AM +0200, David Hobach wrote:

>>> I'm having this problem too. I hadn't had it for a while but in the past
>>> week or so it's happened a few times. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T440p
>>> with Intel Core i7, and Qubes 4.0 which I keep updated.
>> Same here, but only since 4.0 and since coreboot & ME-cleaner on a T530.
>>
>> I've always suspected that it's related to memory kills (there was an OOM
>> issue on github), but there's absolutely nothing in the journal after such a
>> "forced" reboot.
>>
> I dont see this on any machine, including long running desktops.
> Is it possible that you are suffering from over-heating? That would
> account for symptoms.

I'm now monitoring temperatures with the "sensors" command in a dom0
terminal and although the problem hasn't yet happened again, the
temperatures I'm seeing are often getting close to or even reaching
"Critical":

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Package id 0: +100.0°C  (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0:        +99.0°C  (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:       +100.0°C  (high = +84.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +99.0°C  (crit = +200.0°C)

thinkpad-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
fan1:        4788 RPM

If over-heating is the cause, does that suggest a hardware problem, or
is there something I can do to configure Qubes differently to stop it
from getting so hot?

Thanks!