On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 2:46:10 PM UTC-4, 799 wrote:
> I was also struggling with the installation, therefore (and to save time for
> the Mirage Pros to develop the firewall not helping newbies like myself) I
> have created a howto:
>

> https://github.com/Qubes-Community/Contents/blob/master/docs/customization/mirage-firewall.md
>
> You can run all steps from dom0 ;-)
> If you need further help, to not hesitate to ask.
> I'd like to hear your feedback, if we can improve the howto.

Hiya 799,

Thanks for this effort.

1) I had to remove the "-" from a variable assignment/use: "MirageFW-BuildVM"
"MirageFWBuildVM".

2) An error was returned after soft linking to the docker directory before it
was created (which happens in a later command), but that was not a blocker to
continue.

3) The build is failing due to missing components in the build script, so I am
stuck there, see below:

Running the build script, I get this output:

...snip...
[ocamlbuild.0.14.0] downloaded from
https://github.com/ocaml/ocamlbuild/archive/0.14.0.tar.gz
[WARNING] ocamlfind.1.8.0: download of
http://download.camlcity.org/download/findlib-1.8.0.tar.gz failed
(http://download.camlcity.org/download/findlib-1.8.0.tar.gz (Curl failed:
"/usr/bin/curl --write-out %{http_code}\\n --retry 3 --retry-delay 2
--user-agent opam/2.0.3 -L -o
/home/opam/.opam/4.07/.opam-switch/sources/ocamlfind.1.8.0/findlib-1.8.0.tar.gz.part
 http://download.camlcity.org/download/findlib-1.8.0.tar.gz"; exited with code
7)), trying mirror
...snip...
[xenstore_transport.1.0.0] downloaded from
https://github.com/xapi-project/ocaml-xenstore-clients/archive/v1.0.0.tar.gz
[ERROR] The sources of the following couldn't be obtained, aborting:
          - astring.0.8.3: Curl failed
          - bos.0.2.0: Curl failed
          - fmt.0.8.6: Curl failed
          - fpath.0.7.2: Curl failed
          - logs.0.6.2: Curl failed
          - ocamlfind.1.8.0: Curl failed
          - ocamlgraph.1.8.8: Curl failed
          - ptime.0.8.4: Curl failed
          - rresult.0.6.0: Curl failed
          - topkg.1.0.0: Curl failed

The command '/bin/sh -c opam install -y vchan mirage-xen-ocaml
mirage-xen-minios io-page mirage-xen mirage mirage-nat mirage-qubes' returned a
non-zero code: 40