What is the point of backing up a qube, if you can't restore to it?

I'm restoring a full backup, and instead of restoring to qubes, it's creating
new ones with different names.  WTF!

What the hell am I supposed to do now?  Delete the original qubes, and rename
the restores?  I'm guessing that will break a bunch of links, which I'll have
to manually fix.  Am I the only person that thinks this is totally stupid?

And it says the restored dom0 files are located in some other directory.  What
the hell am I supposed to do with that?  Dom0 can't be restored?  Are you
kidding me?

It's a good thing I gave up drinking when my brother died.  I definitely need a
drink right about now.  This is maddening.