On my machine I have a sys-usb for only the usb 2.0 controller and a separately
set up sys-usb-3 for the usb 3.0 controller.

I found the I/O performance of using qvm-usb ok for moving small amounts of
data on and off the system. For heavier I/O, I ensure the sys-usb-3 VM is shut
down and connect the USB 3.0 PCI device to the target VM in its Qubes Settings
before starting the VM up. Effectively, that gives the VM native IO capability
between the VM and the USB 3 device.

That should work for a Windows VM.