alain.cor...@gmail.com:
> Hi awork,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> I do not attach the device to dom0 but since Dom0 (backend) to my VM.
> but when I list the usb devices from Dom0 with qvm-usb, I see nothing.
> however my device appears correctly in / sys / bus / usb / devices / usb1
> it seems me that qvm-usb is derivated of qvm-device, as qvm-pci. Is that
> true?
>

> Le jeudi 25 juillet 2019 15:43:21 UTC+2, awokd a écrit :
>>
>> alain...@gmail.com <javascript:>:
>>> Hi,
>>> I need to use a telit lte modem plugged on PCIe.
>>> I found informations
>>>   dmesg: usb 1-2: product Telit...
>>>   lsusb: bus 001 Device 002: ID........ Telit ......
>>>   readlink: /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1
>>>        ......device/pci.....00:14.0/usb1
>>> it's ok, but...
>>> when i attach the usb device from dom0
>>> qvm-device pci attach myVm dom0:00_14.0
>>>
>>> Qubes-Os stops.
>>> I don't have no more acces at nothing.
>>> keyboard, mouse which are usb devices are lost.
>>> I have to unplugge the supply to reboot.
>>> has somebody a solution?
>>> Thanks
>>> alain
>>>
>> Since it shows up as a USB device, try attaching it with the appropriate
>> qvm-usb commands instead. Also, you should almost never attach devices
>> to dom0. Attach to a qube instead, such as sys-net.

Yes, "qvm-block, qvm-usb and qvm-pci are just aliases for qvm-device
block, qvm-device usb and qvm-device pci respectively." However, the
symptoms you describe are what happens if you mistakenly try to reassign
the USB controller your keyboard & mouse are using.
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb-qubes/. Do you have a sys-usb? What is
listed in lspci? PCIe cards normally have their own major number like
08_00.0 whereas PCIe root ports are in the 00_14.0 range so you might be
trying to reassign the wrong thing.