Sorry my initial reply was the wrong answer.

To set up a login that is persistant you need to do it in the template with the
occ commands. Any user made in the appvm will not survive a reboot.

The nextcloud storage area needs to be made persistant using the
qubes-bind-dirs directory in the appvm, the qubes docs cover that.

I am able to stay logged in with the nextcloud app and sync via webdav between
reboots in this manner.

Are you also trying to sync other appvms?