Bush Al:

dom0 kernel: ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, Evaluating _PRS
(20170728/pci_link-176)

Possibly related to your suspend issue, but ignore for now.

[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernal Modules

Cosmetic; ignore.

Secondly (and possibly connected), if I suspend the machine it seems to do
that happily, but on resume the power and fans etc come on but no display
and i suspect it is frozen as ctl-alt-delete has no effect. I looked though
journalctl, but saw nothing in red except

How do i go about troubleshooting this?

Is there a description of which logs are important at which stage of the
boot process under 4.0?

/var/log/xen/console/hypervisor.log covers Xen itself. Journalctl in dom0 is also useful for troubleshooting system issues.