On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 3:32:24 PM UTC+2, awokd wrote:

> 'Антон Чехов' via qubes-users:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a small problem that I don't know how to tackle.
> > I've installed a language software/dictionary in a clone of the Fedora
> 30
> > Template. The parent folder in the template is /home/user/. I can start
> the
> > program by going to the folder and using a shell script (
> ./script-name).
> > When I shut down the template and opened a Fedora-appVM based on the
> > template-clone there was a menu entry available with the name of the
> > program. Unfortunately it didn't start. Furthermore I couldn't find any
> > traces of the program but to be honest I never had to look up how the
> > software is connected to a templateVM.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> TL;DR version- Since that dictionary installs in /home/user, install it
> in the AppVM instead.
>
> Long version-
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/#inheritance-and-persistence.

Thanks for your answer but doesn't that mean I should install the program
somewhere else than /home in a templateVM? Moving it is not possible, is it?
Has anyone installed a licensed software in a template, activated it, and
then successfully started it in an App? Is this possible?

The dictionary can be used with any document or browser. When I move the
cursor over a word, the translation will be shown in the program. It would
be a nice addition but of course one installation in an AppVM would also be
enough.